Monday, December 10, 2012

Holy Moses!

October 29, 2012
Dear Everyone!
First, I want to say that for every e-mail I'm going to try to say something funny or something that I used to say back home, in the subject line. Hopefully that makes it more enjoyable :). This week has been pretty busy, it's the MTC! I honestly have no idea what to write, I feel bad. But lets see... I don't know what I talked about last time so if I repeat myself I'm sorry. The food here is great, but if you don't eat enough fruits and veggies it really messes with your system. It tastes good, and there's usually 3 or 4 different things that you can choose from. So the food aspect of things is great. I'm really loving my district, and everyone here really. I feel like I'm really getting to know everyone better, and I feel like they're getting to know me better. And we all love each other! These guys are awesome, and they love me too I think. Who knows! haha, so lets see.... classes are getting frustrating. We teach 3 times a day usually, sometimes more. And we have a LOT of stuff to study, and read, and memorize. It gets a little overwhelming at times, but it's all good. Every Sunday we all have to prepare 5 minute talks, so I'm getting used to that a little bit. Braden, I think you'll be happy to know that I'm doing a lot of the voices and characters that we used to do, with my fellow elders here. They really like a lot of em. So it's fun :). I feel bad too, these computers are so frustrating. I've tried for the past like 10 minutes to try to get these pictures attached, but the stupid computer can't read it. So I'm going to have to wait until I get into the field, or just fill up the SD card and send it home. Maybe when that happens you could send an e-mail out to some people with the pictures. Also, could somebody PLEASE dear elder me Elder Eyring's segment on the Fellowship of the Unashamed. While we're on the subject of dear elders. SEND ME MORE! I gotta beat our district record of 6! We have a little competition going on here, so you guys should help me out by winning the district record, AND letting me know how you're doing!!!! Alex especially, I gotta hear from you! :( Now that that's taken care of. Lets see what else should I say... P-days are.... different. I don't know how to describe it here. But there's a lot of free time, but not really a lot for me to do besides study. So that's what we do for most of it. Right now I'm in the laundry room, and that's kinda weird. It feels really different writing you guys while everyone is like, reading over my shoulder. But that's ok, they're just jealous! When you guys write me, ask me questions! I really have no idea what to say, I feel like I'm rambling on about nothing important. We have listened to a lot of great talks and read them too, and we have taught a lot of lessons. I feel like I'm really starting to get the hang of it. But in all reality I bet when I get into the field it's going to be a big punch to the face! I'm going to really be humbled by my lack of knowledge! Haha, but it's ok. I don't know if I have said this to you guys yet, but I say it a lot here. This Gospel is a learning Gospel, I'm not going to have a perfect knowledge of it even if I studied like a missionary for my entire life. But we keep pushing on :) What's going on in sports? What's going on with Braden? I really have no Idea what to write you guys... I feel bad. Please send me Dear Elders! OH! Mom, I REALLY appreciate those packages and stuff, BUT. It's really really hard to eat/share everything here at the MTC, everyone else is getting candy and goodies from their moms too, and so they're full all the time. Also it's really hard to find the time to eat, because we aren't allowed to have food in any buildings but our bedrooms and the cafeteria. So I really appreciate all that you have sent, I'm just saying that I may not get the chance to eat it all. That doesn't mean don't send anything! Maybe just... less? How about a coke! I'm really thirsty up in here! Basketball is going great by the way, we have some nicknames going around. Everyone gets the first name of a hall of famer (or their nickname) and then the last name of a current NBA player. My nickname is Magic Bryant. Everyone calls me Kobe though, which I appreciate. I feel like I'm doing pretty well against these guys, and they're mostly pretty good athletes. So hopefully that does a good job of explaining things, and I really hope that you guys dear elder me. Handwritten letters are always good too. I feel like I'm begging you guys to write me... don't feel any pressure but I could sure use the encouragement. :) Yeah... I have no idea what to say, so I'll end it here. Hope all is going well, I'll continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers!
Love,
Elder DeFreese

No comments:

Post a Comment