Monday, July 28, 2014

Derby Zone!!!

July 28, 2014
So, transfers took place, we're now the ZL's of the Derby Zone, and Elder Kempter is in the new Andover Zone. 

So now I'm with Elder Turner, and he's actually from Atlanta, Georgia! How cool is that?!?? (It's cool because my oldest brother Jason served there as a missionary.... for those of you who don't know). He's also the second youngest child, just like me. So we get along real well! 

I guess to try to catch you up on all the craziness, we'll start with Tuesday! Tuesday was spent doing apartment checks, setting up programs and different stuff on the Andover laptop so that they could hit the ground running. Aaaaand we also got to work with the new missionaries coming out this transfer! Super fun! One of the new missionaries, Elder Telford, asked to be my temporary companion as we got out to try and find some new investigators at an apartment complex. Elder Telford is actually from Springville, Utah as well! And he knew my other brother Don, from scout camp! (Timberline, if you know what that is) So that was fun.

Wednesday was crazy, Transfers is big for ZL's because we have to set up the church, make sure everyone gets there on time and has their luggage ready and everything, and we have to stay until everyone else is gone so that we can clean up and stuff. So that was fun!

Then pretty much the rest of the week we have been trying to figure out what in the world we're supposed to do here! Haha, I have little to no knowledge of this Area, so we've been running around trying to visit as many names as we can from the Area Book and from the Ward Roster. So it's been real fun! We've found a couple families so far who are pretty receptive. 

Other than that... I'm not really sure what to talk about.

OH! Remember how I spent like, 2 weeks in Manhattan? One of the investigators that I taught there just got baptized this past week! (Adrick, not quite sure if I mentioned him, he's Sabrinas Husband, who we baptized while I was there). SUPER cool! Love it!

Anyways, I think that about does it, thank you for all your prayers and support!

Love,

Elder DeFreese

P.S. Please make sure to utilize the power Heavenly Father has given you, that power is the power to choose. So choose to invite people to come to church, choose to read your scriptures, choose to bear testimony! And if you're not motivated to do those things, remember that Motivation is not an emotion, it's a decision. So do it! I promise you won't regret it, the Lord will bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment