Monday, May 5, 2014

Holy Moses!

May 5, 2014
 
So this past week was Transfer week!
Pretty much the only thing that I have to say is that Elder Dickson is awesome! He's my new companion, and he's been out for almost 4 months. He's also 25 years old. So it's kind of weird because I'm more of the leader because of missionary service, but he's older than me... kind of a weird relationship. But we make it work! He's awesome, we're having a lot of fun, and we're working hard!
I don't really know what to update all of you on.... so I'll go through my planner and talk a bit about some of our investigators or less actives or something.
Mike and Amber! Mike was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints a long time ago, been less active for a loooooong time. But we found him! His wife Amber is a Baptist, and the whole family has been attending a... southern Baptist church? I think. Anyways, super cool family, Mike wants to come back to our church, but the family doesn't really want to. So he just wants to go with his family for now. But we're working on 'em!
Mike Sandoval is an interesting guy! He used to be a millionaire with his own company, but then his wife divorced him and he lost everything. Because he lost everything he couldn't support his kids, so he lost custody too. Now, it's been a couple years, he's got a steady job and he's just now getting more custody over the kids. However, he doesn't have permission to bring them to church yet. And he has his kids on the weekend... kinda sucks. Oh, did I mention that he's a baptized member of our church as of like... a year ago?! Cool beans! Love him, he's awesome!
We tried to visit Nam on Saturday, just to see how he's doing. He didn't answer. But we'll try again sometime this week!
I think that just about does it, really. Just lovin' the work, working hard, and doing our best every day!
Love you all, and please make it a goal to share your testimony with someone this week, alright? It's not that hard, you've got a week to do it. Please don't waste an opportunity to share the gospel.
Elder DeFreese
 
1. Elder Blaylock and I
 
2. Elder Dickson and I!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment