Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Are you kidding me?!??!

May 27, 2014
So, this past week was a bit crazy!
On Tuesday we had an appointment with a new Investigator of ours, Richard. At first we planned on having a lesson with him in a members home, but then the ZL's challenged everyone in the zone to have a church tour, first one gets bonus miles! So, naturally, we wanted to grab hold of those miles! So we had the church tour, and throughout the whole thing Richard was asking GREAT questions! And when we asked him a question, his answers were equally great! For example, we invited him to be baptized, which he accepted, then we set a date (june 24th) and then he asked us, "What should I expect when I become a member of the church?" Whaaaaaat????!?!? GOLDEN! We're meeting with him again tonight, it's gonna be great!
On Wednesday, we had interviews with President Bell! It was great, him and I talked a lot about the air force base here, exercise, all that good stuff. It was a great chance to sit down and just talk with him. Super nice. Love that man!
On Thursday, Elder Dickson had a dental appointment, so we went there, waited in line for a good half hour to an hour, come to find out that his insurance wouldn't cover the visit because he had been to the dentist 4 or 5 months ago. They only cover every 6 months. So that was a fun waste of time! Haha, it's all good though, he got another appointment set up, so it'll get taken care of soon enough.
Friday was a loooooooooooooong day. A few weeks ago, while I was preppin' to go to bed, I brushed my teeth and put in my retainers. As I put in the bottom one, it chipped, and broke! Soooooooooo I waited for a little while before I told my mommy, and she told me to get it taken care of. So I finally talked to the mission nurse here and she set me up to go to an orthodontist! However, their office was/is in McPherson Kansas, which is a good hour to an hour and a half drive. Depending on traffic/weather and such. So we head out at about 9:30, get there at about 11. I start filling out the paper work and.... crap! Don't know my Dad's Social Security number! Gotta call him! But wait, to be obedient, I have to call President first! Hope he answers!!!!!! Luckily, he answered really quickly, gave me the green light, and I called my pops to get the info and such. Waited until about 11:40 or so, finally admitted into my little cubicle type of thing. The doctor finally gets in there and tells me that I should probably get a new bottom retainer made, and the top one is wearing down pretty good as well. Tells me that most people need to get a new retainer made once every 3 to 5 years... what?! That's stupid! Nah, it's all good. Stuff wears down and breaks. So anyways, I had them make a top and bottom one so that they can both be worn down equally. Here's the part that was looooooooooooong, it takes about an hour and a half to make them. So how the crap do we kill an hour and a half in an area that's waaaaaaaaaay outside of ours, and we have no money? We ended up going to lunch at Wendy's, then our windshield wiper blade broke, so we had to go and get some new blades! Gotta go to wal mart! Anyways, with all the laziness that a missionary can muster, we made those 2 things last about an hour. So we decided to just go back and wait! Unfortunately, the retainers weren't done yet, no biggy. So we waited, and waited.... and waited. FINALLY 2 hours after they started making them, they were ready! So they had me try them on and make sure they fit right. They fit real well, the dentist/doctor/whatever he wants to be called wanted to see me before we left. So we wended up leaving at about 3 ish. Got back to our apartment at like 4:20 or so, and all of our appointments for the rest of the night had cancelled! Yay!!!!!
It's ok though, it was a good day.
Yesterday for P-Day we had a lot of fun, we had a Zone Olympics! Smash Ball, soccer, basketball, volleyball, etc. Lots of fun!
Then we had a BBQ at a members home, and then FHE at another members home! It was good!
And now we're to today! Today we had a District meeting which I taught everyone on Questions and Listening, and how we are to use them both effectively to help the investigators teach themselves. Because we as missionaries can teach the crap out of these people, but it doesn't mean much unless they are able to help teach themselves.
But I think it went pretty good!
Now I'm on exchanges with Elder Eyre, one of our ZL's here. We haven't had a chance to get out and work yet because of Lunch and e-mails and such, but we're about to get out of here and do something!
Buuuut that about catches you up! This was a real long e-mail, huh?
Please make sure you all are doing your part to help build up the Lords Kingdom! Invite someone to church, share your testimony, do something! Love ya!
Elder DeFreese

No comments:

Post a Comment