Monday, May 12, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!!!

May 12, 2014
Happy Mothers Day to all you mothers out there! Especially mine, because she's the best one :)
OK, let's talk about this past week!
Honestly this past week has been a bit slow, for some reason I was just off my game I guess. We went out all week trying to find new investigators and working hard with the ones we currently have, just nothing really worked this week!
We were dropped by 2 of our investigators, 1 of which was on date, the other was part of a Part Member Family, who are now going to a Catholic church :( so that was pretty sad.
On Friday we had a great Zone Training which was about bold invitations, commitments, and finding our "corneilius" which goes to a story in the bible. I would tell you the story, but I think you ought to read it. Acts chapter 10. It's awesome :)
Oh! And did I mention that Elder Kempter is the new Zone Leader here? Yeah, it's pretty freakin' legit. This guy is a spiritual giant! Love him to death.
Really I think this past week was a bit of a disappointment because we got dropped a lot and we just didn't really find too many people. But I'm not too worried about it, Preach my Gospel teaches us that we will have disappointments and we will get discouraged because we desire for the salvation of the people that we meet. However, this does not effect my faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, I know that as we continue to work hard and be obedient, we will be blessed, and we will see miracles! I know that this is His Church, and I know that I have been sent here for a reason, please pray to our Heavenly Father to know what your purpose is, why you are where you are. And then go out and work. Talk with someone about the church this week, invite them to come to your home and learn more about the Gospel. I know that if you do, the Lord will help you in any way that you need. Please pray for the spiritual sensitivity to recognize the promptings that come, and pray also for the courage to act on those promptings. Love you all! Talk to you soon!
Elder DeFreese
 
1. Coooool sunset!
2. It's a Pig! (and a real blurry picture...)
3. Me, Kyle Wilkes (future missionary) and Elder Dickson!
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment