Monday, May 19, 2014

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!

May 19, 2014
Hi everyone! And welcome to another edition of "Elder DeFreese and his wanderings through the Kansas Wasteland"
Hahahahahaha, it's not a wasteland! It's awesome!!!!!!!
Anyways, apparently today is May 19th, which happens to be the date of my sisters Birthday!!! Ha, she's old......
No but seriously though, my sister is the bomb, she grew up in a home with all boys, and she held her own! I can remember many a time when brotherly quarrels would escalate, and she would be the one to come in and play the role of mediator. It was great having her in the home. I'll always miss that. Love ya sis!
.
.
.
.
.
... yuck. Gotta get all that love off me.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
ahhhh, that's better!
So this week was pretty great! We got a lot of work done, visiting Less Actives and meeting new people as well! We spent most of the week trying to find new investigators though, and this past week was a bit difficult to do so. We were only able to find 1 person who wanted us to come back at a specific time, a few others who were kind of interested but not really, and then the rest was just a bunch of people who "weren't interested"
BUT it's all good! I have a solid testimony in hard work, and the blessings will come! Back when I was in Concordia Kansas, Elder Kempter and I worked our butts off for 3 months knocking door after door after door, with next to nothing to show for it, until finally, and very suddenly, we had 4 baptisms!!?!??! It was awesome!!!!!!!!! So I know that the blessings are just waiting for us, we just need to keep working hard and being obedient, and it'll come. So I'm not worried at all, because I know that our next blessing could very well be waiting just behind that next door.
So this past week we had a specialized training on Tuesday, and it was a training that was focused primarily on finding! How great is that? Haha, it was cool. We learned a lot about how we can be "Fearless Finders" and what it takes to be a Fearless Finder. We also went through an activity where there were some missionaries who acted as the spirit, some who were potential investigators behind a door who HAD to be really really mean. I was elected to be one of the really really mean people, and it was terrible but awesome at the same time. It was really rough trying to tear down every single missionary that had to knock on my door. But it was a great learning experience because at the last door there was a person who was ready to listen and learn about the gospel! The spirit was there in between doors trying to pep the missionaries up and keep them going, and it was awesome. Learned a lot for sure.
On Saturday I got to go on exchanges with Elder Knight, another Elder in my district. It was great! We went to his area (Glen Hills) and worked all day! We had a bit of service in the morning helping to build a fence, and then we went out to knock some doors! We talked with a lot of people and we tried to do some Garage Sale Finding! It was great, we had a lot of fun and we worked real hard too!
I think that about does it for this week though, I challenge each of you to seek earnestly and pray for a missionary opportunity this week, then, instead of waiting on the Lord to give you one, go out and try to find one! I know that He'll show you the way, He has promised us that He will!
Love you all, talk to you soon!
Elder DeFreese
 
1. DRAGON!!!!!!!!!
 
2. Elder Knight and I
 
3. Screensaver...?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment