Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Happy Birthday

March 24, 2014
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She's the BOMB! It's true, if you haven't met her, you should. Mainly because she's the best, and........... yeah. She's awesome :)
 
Anyways, I gotta tell 'yall about my week!
 
So, this week was transfer week, and Elder Blaylock and I are sticking around, so we didn't have to pack, or do anything really. We were able to focus on working hard!
BUT, I have to mention that on transfer day we went down to the 13th st. building (where everyone goes to be transferred out and everything) so that we could say goodbye to some people. I saw Elder Rojas!!!!!!! It was so cool! I got to talk to him a bit and give him some advice on different aspects of missionary work. It was awesome, he's going to be a great missionary!
So.... on Wednesday night/Thursday morning at about 1:30 or 2 A.M. I was woken up by Elder Blaylock vomiting and moaning and groaning real bad. So we called the sister in charge of medical and told her what was going on. She said that we should go to the E.R.! So, we drove there and told the medical staff what was going on, and got admitted. The diagnosis came out that he got a stomach virus. It was so bad that he couldn't keep any fluids down or anything, so they gave him an IV. The IV got the job done, and he was feeling much better. But they gave him some anti-nausea meds just in case, and told him to rest and drink lots of fluids. So we got to chill at the apartment all day and rest. I called a ton of people and tried to set up some appointments.
Another thing that kind of put a damper on the week, is that one of the Recent Converts for the sisters, actually passed away just a few days ago. But it's OK, because if there's one thing we know being a part of this church, is that death is only the beginning of something far better than anything we can imagine. This life is not the end!
This week has been reeeeaaaaaalllly tiring for me, mainly because District Leaders in this mission are getting a lot more responsibility than ever before. So I've had a lot of stuff to deal with, and adjust to. But it's all good, because I love serving those who are in my District, and I think they are at the very least OK with me leading them. I'm super excited to keep working with them and doing everything that I can to make sure that this District is the best one in the zone! We've already vastly improved from this past transfer, so we can only move onward and upward!
I think that'll about do it, I love you all!
Elder DeFreese
P.S. the Scripture of the day today is Mosiah 28:3 which reads "Now they were desirous that salvation should be declared to every creature, for they could not bear that any human sould should perish; yea, even the very thoughts that any soul should endure endless torment did cause them to quake and tremble."
All of you who are back home, you're still missionaries. This is how you should also feel for those around you who do not have the gospel, or who are currently choosing not to be involved in the church. I'm not asking you to go out and preach the gospel all day, just pray for the strength and wisdom to talk to somebody, just do what you can. My dad always says do some good today. That's my challenge to all of you, do some good today, and the Lord will bless you, and those that you serve.  

1. The zone!
 2. Us and the Ridgepoint sisters (sister Hannah and Sherman)
3.Lunch!



No comments:

Post a Comment