Monday, August 5, 2013

Colorado!

Hey everyone! This title will be explained in the coming paragraph. Prepare yourself...
So this past week, I had the wonderful opportunity to go out with another missionary to his area in Lamar, Colorado! So now, on my mission, I have had the chance to go to 3 different states! SWEET!!!!!!!!! I was unable to get any pictures, we were on a very tight schedule, but it was really cool.
Also, this past week I went to the doctor! So... what happened Elder DeFreese? Well, I'll tell you. Through SONG!!!!!! 
Ha, just kidding. Why would I make up a song about that? Everyone who knows me, knows that I don't really do anything musical.

Anyways! Now that I've stalled for a little bit, I'll tell you. I went to the doctors at around 7:50 A.M. and I did a couple of tests, and the doctor told me that because I was so young, and had been having these problems for a long time, he was going to forgo the usual, slower treatment, and be aggressive with it. So he got me an MRI scheduled immediately, which I went to right way. After the MRI, I went and got lunch, and then had to go right back to the doctors. We did a bunch more tests, and talked more, and as of right now, the doctor told me that I can either do physical therapy, or surgery. Recovery time for surgery would be anywhere from 4-7 months. They also had me get some knee braces to help with my stability and everything, and when I get those I can get out and work a little bit. However, they will not get rid of the need for either physical therapy or surgery. There is no official diagnosis of what's wrong with my knee, that will come in a week or two. So that's the update there, any questions? No? That's strange...

Anyways, I just want all of you to know that I love you. I want you to know, that I know that I am here for a reason. I don't know why, but I do know that the Lord has a plan for me. I know that when I put my faith, and trust in Him, I can accomplish anything. So please, while I'm out of missionary work for a little while, please do your part and do some missionary work of your own. I hope and pray that you do.

Love,
Elder DeFreese
P.S. Anyone wanna give me some reading material while I'm out of work?! We've done so much cleaning, and organizing, and calling people that we may just start to watch paint dry for a "fun activity" just saying.  :)
 
1. Stratego!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment