Monday, August 19, 2013

Goin' to Wichita!

August 19, 2013
Hello all! My subject line should tell you what's happening. But I'll backtrack a little bit to the doctors appointment on Thursday just to let you know what led up to this event.
The doctor looked at my results, asked me some questions and then basically told me that he thinks it might be a patellar tracking disorder. He didn't sound confident that it was the problem. He went on to say that I can either do Physical Therapy to help strengthen the muscles around the knee. Or I can do surgery so that he can get inside and see what the damage really is, and fix it. So I called President Bell and talked to him about it, and he wasn't happy at all with how confident the doctor sounded and everything, so he told me that he was going to bring me over to Wichita, so that I could get a second opinion, and hopefully find out for sure what the problem is. So that's what's going on with my knee and everything. 

So, going to Wichita, I'm going to be serving as an Office Elder, from around 10 to 5 every day, and then go out and work. I'll have full time car, and be able to work in our area until the regular time to turn in. I'm excited but also a little apprehensive about it, I'll be in a tripanionship again, if you all remember the last time. We had a lot of fun for sure, but teaching situations were difficult. But I'm sure that we'll make it work! 

This past week has still been difficult for me, staying inside a lot, not knowing what's going on. BUT! I'm trying really hard to be more upbeat and positive about what's going on, I know that the Lord has a plan for me, it's just a bit harder for me to accept that and move forward with faith. I'm sure trying though! When we went on exchanges with the Zone Leaders this week, I had a fantastic experience with Elder Allen, he gave me a lot of good advice, and he shared some personal things with me that I will treasure forever. Him and I have gone through some very similar trials, and he has helped me immensely in the time that I have been here. 

I'm sorry that this week is going to be a short e-mail, but I hope that you'll all forgive me. I promise to get you a bigger e-mail this next week. Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers on my behalf, I know that it is because of you, that I feel as good as I do right now.

Love,
Elder DeFreese
P.S. I'm finally moving EAST on Transfer day!!!! Hahahahaha, good stuff! :)
 
1. The last District Meeting! 
2. Elder Heppler and myself
3. Elder Allen (my Zone Leader) and myself after Exchanges
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment