Monday, August 26, 2013

Holy Moses!

August 26, 2013
Hey everyone! I've used this subject line quite a bit, but I think it's my favorite. I may just switch to using that one every week, who knows!
First things first, TRANSFERS! I have been transferred to Wichita, Kansas. I'm an office Elder, and I am a part of a tripanionship, trio, tripod, whatever you want to call it. 

I don't have a whole lot of time so I'll try and give you the good stuff and skip the details that don't matter. K?
K.
So before transfers, we met with the Johnson family, KC is real less active, and his wife, Chelsea, is not a member. We talked with them and they knew that transfers was coming up soon, so they asked what was happening. Well, it turns out that both myself and Elder Heppler were being transferred! They were SUPER bummed, because Chelsea had decided that she wanted to take the lessons and be baptized a member of the church! BUMMER! They stated that we were the reason that they had thought so hard about it, and prayed about it. So that kinda hit me in the heart real bad. But we taught them the first lesson, and then had to get outta there. Hard to do, but it happened.

Transfer day, we arrived in Dodge city at 10 in the morning, and we didn't get to Wichita until around 11 P.M. or so. Allergies hit me WAY hard, and they still are. Those wheat fields and all that crap in the air is getting to me! 

So now I'm an office Elder, I am officially in charge of all of the incoming and outgoing mail, and I am in charge of the supplies for missionaries, as well as for the office.
I am thoroughly enjoying this work, it's very much different, and it'll take some getting used to. But honestly, right now, I have no time left on the computer. I wish I could get a bit of an extension or something on my time, but I gotta go and get to my p-day activities!

My companions are awesome, Elder Egan and Elder Cannon, Elder Cannon actually came to this mission from serving in the Honduras mission. That's a story and a half. But I gotta run.
WRITE ME!! I'm watching all the mail, so I'll know! >:( 

Also, keep up on those challenges that I've extended to you, eh?
Love you all!
Elder DeFreese

No comments:

Post a Comment