Saturday, March 16, 2013

Concordia, KS

March 11, 2013
Hello everyone! Another week come and gone, as you can see, the title this week is a bit... different. I'm sure you can guess what the title means, but I'll get to that in a minute.
So, on my last day in Missouri (possibly for the rest of my mission, if you haven't heard about the mission split...) we went to Pizza Street for lunch, and Backyard Burger for dinner! It was really great, we did some missionary work and packed pretty much all day. We had a lot of fun though.
Then the next day was transfers!!!! We went to the bus in the morning at around 7:45, left at 8. And we were on our way! The ride altogether took a couple hours. We made a stop at a McDonalds after about 2 hours of driving. As we were there, I found out something insane! One of the missionaries that's out here, is Elder Bartholomew, or... Conner Bartholomew!!! We went to Elementary together!!!!!! What the heck!???? So that was way sweet, we got to catch up and everything, he's been out about 2 or 3 months longer than me. And he actually trained one of the missionaries that I came out with! So that was awesome. Then we got to Wichita, where I was able to catch up with my first comp. Elder Hayes! He's doing really well, and we talked for a little while. Then we got to ride with a member, Bro. Gile, ALL the way to Concordia, Kansas. (another 3 hours or so) A very tiny town, with a HUGE boundary as far as the branch goes, I think we cover 9 counties. Something like that
So the crazy part is this.
I'm Training a brand new missionary. Elder Kempter! He's way cool, super willing to learn and a very capable missionary. So far he's definitely surpassed all that I was at this stage in the mission. If he continues like this, he'll be an AP! Prophesy... yes. It's been foretold! Hahahaha, maybe :)
Also, we are opening a brand spankin' new area! Missionaries haven't ever been assigned to this branch. Also, the branch that we are in is super tiny, about 40 people come to church every week. And it covers that huge area, so we definitely have our work cut out for us! As far as I know, it's supposed to be a part time car area, but I really don't know for sure.
We live in a building that's about 100 years old, we live in the top floor. But it's a pretty big place, I really like it. The shower is kind of iffy, but other than that it's actually pretty sweet. I'll try to get pictures to you all next week. I know it's been a LONG time since you got pictures from me, my bad!
So a funny experience happened our first day here. We woke up at 6:30, got ready and everything like normal. And I decided to make Elder Kempter breakfast, so I made a huge plate of scrambled eggs, toast, and a glass of milk. Later he told me that he HATES eggs! What a good sport though, he ate 'em all, so he's not a bad guy :) haha!
But that just about catches all of you up on what we are doing out here! I really hope to hear from all of you really soon, I could definitely use it. The mission office address is the one you'll still use though, so keep sending it there. Thank you all so much for the love and support you give to me! I love you all! And make sure to Invite someone to church this week, read the BOM and testify! I know as you all do this, you will come closer to the Lord, and you'll find more joy and happiness in your lives!
Love,
Elder DeFreese

No comments:

Post a Comment