Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Holy Moses!!!!

February 25, 2013

What the heck!?? I have so many conflicting emotions right now... it's ridiculous! The reason for my title this week is one of shock. Holy Moses, Don DeFreese, not Elder anymore... I'm way happy that Don is home, but at the same time I feel sad that his mission is over. I am the only DeFreese serving a mission.... what in the world is going on! But that's so cool, i'm happy for him.
Well, this weeks letter is going to be pretty short. I apologize for that, but let me tell you why!
This past week we had P-Day, super fun! We visited a part member family that night and taught them a lesson, asked for referrals, the usual. Then on Tuesday Elder Cowdin had to get some dental work done, and we went to Liberty to do so. It was supposed to be more of like a check up, and then he had to get 2 crowns done! So that took about 2 or 3 hours. Me and Elder Wadsworth went and got lunch while he was in there, and then we came back to wait for him. Afterwards, we went and had dinner, and then visited a few families. (Members/Part members/Less actives) Then on Thursday we had a HUGE snowstorm, well... not Utah huge. But Missouri huge. It was almost a whole foot of snow! *GASP!!! Hahahahahaha, the people here FREAK whenever snow hits, it's funny. But they just aren't as equipped to handle it as us Utahns are. But anyways, with this big storm we were snowed in to our apartment that whole day, then Friday we were still snowed in until about 3 or 4. Then we went out and tried to dig some people out of the snow, it was a service day really. But we got an investigator out of it! So that was sweet, we are supposed to visit her tonight, so I guess I'll let you all know what happens there.
After that we got back to normal, we have done a lot of tracting, with not too much success. But it's all good. The Lord sees us working, and He will bless us, in His own due time, and in His own way. I'm so grateful that i'm here as His servant.
Anyways, that about does it for me. Oh! We are supposed to have another huge snowstorm today so I guess I'll let you know about that next week too! Haha, but yeah. This week has been kind of slow, but hopefully we can get back out there and bring others the light and life of this gospel. I love you all, and I hope all of you remember my challenges to each and every one of you. This may be a general e-mail to a lot of people, but I think about some very specific people when I challenge you to do these things. Read your Book Of Mormon, pray about it. Seek sincerely for the answers and desires of your heart, the Lord will show you. I promise, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Elder DeFreese

No comments:

Post a Comment