Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Holy Moses!

February 19, 2013

I figured this weeks title would be appropriate, lately I have been reading a TON from the bible, and in particular i'm learning a bunch about Moses. So yeah! Gotta love that Bible!
Anyways, I'm going to TRY to make this e-mail longer than last one. I only have like 5 minutes though so we'll see how much I can get done.
This week we had a couple of fun door approach experiences, Elder Wadsworth was leading in both of these.
First, we were in some apartments and one old lady answered and asked who we were, after we answered she said, "well I don't dig missionaries" As me and Elder Cowdin were about to reply with something kind, ask for referrals, something. Elder Wadsworth comes back with, "well do you dig Jesus?" Hahahahaha! Sorry to say... the lady got a little upset and shut the door. But it was a fun experience, and he needs the practice, so it's all good.
And the second experience, we were tracting a street by Golden lane, looking for some Golden Investigators of course. And we knocked a certain door, an unhappy man answered the door, not uncommon, and said can I help you? Elder Wadsworth was leading, and he of course introduced us as the missionaries from the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day saints. Very good! Then the man replies with, "I can tell from your badge..." So we come back with asking how his day is, and further explaining what we do. And finally he says, "I was sleeping" Because Elder Wadsworth was leading this door approach, we let him handle it. So there is a long pause, and Elder Wadsworth finally looks to me and whispers, "HELP! He was sleeping!!" Hahahaha! Super funny, so I talked to him a bit and he eventually let us know that he wasn't interested. We were able to give him a pamphlet about the restoration and were able to bear our testimony to him. So that was good.
A cool experience that we had not too long ago, we were about to go and meet with one of our investigators. As we were walking towards her door, Elder Cowdin and I felt that we needed to direct our attention to a young man sitting on some steps drinking a beer. As we went over to talk to him, we learned that he has been having a very rough time and that he needs Jesus in his life. We talked for a good half hour to an hour about how he can do that best, and we shared with him our feelings about the church and so on. Unfortunately he has to moce away from our area so that's a bummer, but I know that from our expereince, and how he reacted to what we taught him, the missionaries will find him. The Lord had us talk to him for a reason.
The ward is getting super excited about missinoary work, from everything that has been happening I can see how much it has improved since I got here. I'm loving this ward, and I can't wait to see what happens in the coming weeks.
Just to close real quick, I want all of you to know that I know that Independence Missouri is where i'm supposed to be right now. I know that Jesus Christ is our savior and redeemer, and the only way back to our Heavenly Father is through Him. I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God. I know that because of him, we have the Book Of Mormon. And I invite all of you to re-dedicate yourselves to find that truth again. Your testimony is so much more powerful when you can testify how you came to the knowledge of these truths when you prayed about it just that morning. I love you all and I hope to hear from you real soon. Keep praying for me, as I pray for you. Together we are all a big part in the literal gathering of Israel. Lets get to work!
Love,
Elder DeFreese

No comments:

Post a Comment