Friday, January 2, 2015

April Fools!!!!!!!!!

December 29, 2014
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, for those of you who haven't heard. My "death" date is April 1st. And I hadn't told any of my family until I called them on Christmas! They weren't happy.

So, yes! I got an extension, I would be going home in the middle of February, but now I've got an extra transfer. Another 6 weeks to do some good! I'm so dang happy, and really excited to see what the Lord has in store for me in the coming weeks.

So this past week was a bit slower as far as the work goes, what with it being Christmas and all. Tons of people were out of town, and a lot of people didn't really want to listen to us because they had family and friends over.

BUT, the highlight of the week is this.

The Bells are doing AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Ashley and Slade are doing great, they are really enjoying learning and praying and reading. It's so great! Ashley and the kids actually came to church on Sunday too! THEY LOVED IT!!!!!! I don't know if I mentioned last week, but Slade has completely given up alcohol and smoking and everything! It's SO great! We're so blessed to be able to teach them and help them come closer to the Savior.

Another highlight was on Sunday, Elder Christensen and I spoke in Sacrament Meeting! He spoke about the trials that Joseph Smith went through, and enduring to the end. And I spoke about the Gifts that we have because of the efforts of Joseph Smith. He ended up speaking for about 20 minutes, and the choir took up another 5. After all was said and done, I had about 8 minutes to give my 25 minute talk. But it ended up great, and I learned a lot preparing for it. So, yeah!

Anyways, I gotta run. But I love you all so much, and I hope you had a fantastic Christmas!

Now let's start the New Year right, and invite someone to church this week, OK? K. I know you'll be successful, why? Because we find success in the invitation, just get out there and get it done! God will smile upon you, and He will be pleased with your efforts. Love you all!!!!!

Elder DeFreese

1. This is me with a new tie!

2. This is what I look like 25 seconds ago!



No comments:

Post a Comment