Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Holy Moses!!!

August 18, 2014

It's been another dang week already?!?!??? What the heck!!?
OK, guess I gotta hit you up with another e-mail or somethin' eh? 

Here goes...

FIRST, I have to give a shout out to my little bother, Elder DeFreese, again. HAPPY STINKIN' BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!! He's just turned 19 today, and he's a missionary!!!!! I'm so dang proud of my little bro. I can't even really describe the type of relationship that him and I share, it's something real special. Whenever I think about heroes, I honestly think about Superman or Batman, but when I actually think about who my heroes are, I really think about my family. In particular, my little brother Braden is one of my biggest heroes. One reason why is because of the things that we share, and how we've overcome our problems. He is a great example of acknowledging fault, and fixing the problem. He's a hard working person, and I love the crap out of him. Happy Birthday, glad it landed on a P Day!

Alright, now I can get into my week. Running out of time like usual, but I'll try and catch you up to what's going on. 

On Tuesday we attended our own District Meeting, and it was great! We talked about inviting people for baptism, but more particularly, inviting everyone to baptism! It was great, the role plays really helped us to see what we can do to better teach these things, and now we're starting to see miracles in the district because of it!

On Wednesday we had a lot of people to visit, and lots of contact to try and make, most of the investigators we tried weren't home, but we found 2 new investigators! It was great, we're working hard at both the ZL things, and our own area. We're definitely seeing the Lord bless us! 

I want to add a quick disclaimer, unless it's something cool I'm going to try to not mention all the boring spreadsheet work and stuff that I do all day, and try to focus on the other things... unless the usual boring stuff was actually exciting...

On Thursday we had a great miracle!!! We went to try and visit a couple investigators with Bro. Webber (Secretary in the ward) and nobody was home, so at the last house we tried, I turned around and saw a grey house that looked reeeaaally busted up. I felt like we ought to knock it, so we did! We found Michelle, her husband Angel (pronounced ahn-hel) and their daughter (I don't know how to say/spell her name... it's cool though). And they want to learn more, they're looking for a church. Aaaand they're praying about Baptism!!!!! So stoked about them, they're great!!!

Basically this week has been pretty great! Lots of miracles, finding tons of new people, member presents, all that good stuff!!!

Uhmm...... yeah! I think that's all I got!

Love you all so much, don't forget to read the Book of Mormon, and invite someone to come to church!!

Elder DeFreese

P.S. Something cool that I learned yesterday in sacrament meeting when the Stake President spoke was this statement that he made... he talked about how "People will say, and it's true, that the Spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak." He went on to say that, "It is also true that, when the Spirit is strong, the flesh is willing" So... think about that. K? K. :) 
 
 
1. Elder Nicholes and I! (He's a DL in the Zone)

2. Richard Sharp (Guy I taught in Harrison Park who got baptized recently)

3. This is what ZL's do allllllll day!
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment