Monday, April 21, 2014

Happy Easter!

April 21, 2014
For those of you who don't know, Sunday was Easter! And the wonderful and glorious message that we share especially on Easter Sunday, is that of the Savior. Of his suffering and bleeding, and dying for us. The most important part of the message of Easter, however, is that of the Resurrection. He is risen! And because He is risen, we will ALL live again. We will ALL be resurrected! The key is this, we have a body now so that we can learn how to use it for good. God has given us commandments, if we follow them and do all we can to live as Christ did, we can all live with God again.
Anyways, love Easter. :)
So let's see..... what happened this week......
Well. I think the only things I want to talk about this week are Nam and the exchanges I went on this week. Sound good? Good :)
Ok. So.... Nam.
Just this past week we had been teaching him about the Gospel of Jesus Christ, as well as Tithing and Fast offerings. He knew and accepted both, because he knows the Book of Mormon is the word of God, thereby knowing that what we tell him is the truth. So, on Friday we had an appointment with him, and things had completely changed. We talked a little bit about tithing, just for a reminder/overview of what we had talked about last time. And then he goes off about how he has very little money, and he can baptize in any church and it won't be any different...... all this stuff. We did our best to help him see that he knew not too long ago that all this was true, but he wasn't having any of it. So we set a return appointment to go back on Saturday with a member, Joe Favre, who's been getting along with him really well. On saturday he sent us a text, "Hi. Nam would not like to rebaptize and go to church of Mormon. Don't come to my apartment." we got the break up text. One of the saddest days of my mission. So there's that.
Now, on to exchanges!
I went on exchanges with Elder Ives, who's the Zone Leader here, and he was in the group that came out with Elder Kempter....... which is the group that I am now going home with! Haha, so it was awesome. Elder Ives is a HARD worker! It went really well because we both are, and we were both just non stop all day, it was honestly, probably the best exchange I've ever been on. So cool, we found 4 new investigators, taught a bunch of lessons, it was just overall SICK! In the good way :)
Easter was great, church was awesome with all the speakers and stuff. We had dinner with a family who fed us ham, and ribs, and potatoes, and green beans, and jalapenos, and onions, and all sorts of good stuff! It was really spicy and I loved it! I think i'm starting to develop a love of spicy things, but I am determined that I won't come home with a love of tobasco like all of my brothers before me. Haha :)
Anyways, I think that about does it.
I love you all, and hope that you'll write me soon!
Elder DeFreese
P.S. As far as my challenge for this week goes... I really want all of you to look deep within yourselves and act as if the Savior, Jesus Christ, is asking you this question, "Have you been feeding my sheep like you promised me?" Really ask yourself. No matter what your own personal answer is, the result should be the same. I would hope that all of you, after asking that question, would have a new and deeper desire to share the word of God with all who will listen. That's my challenge to you :)

1. I can cook! I baked some breaded chicken breast, and then I shredded it by hand, and then baked it again with parmesan and a hint of ranch dressing. SO good!

2. Our disfunctional district trying to get a group photo...... haha :)


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment