Monday, July 8, 2013

It's A Wonder to Behold!

July 8, 2013
This is sort of an inside joke with my little brother Braden. So.... yeah. Any questions, concerns? Well... just ask Braden! He'll probably tell ya :)
So, this week has been crazy! And I've got some... news... at the end. So stay tuned!
On Tuesday, we didn't have ANY set appointments, so we decided that it would be best to get out and see the Less Active members of our Branch, as well as the Active members. Hopefully we could get some referrals out of it, and get some New Investigators! So, we drove ALL over the place, our area covers around 2600 square miles or so, so we had a lot of ground to cover. We were able to talk to a bunch of our Less Active Members and had a great time with them! It was a good day.
Wednesday...
On to Thursday! :)
On the 4th of July, which also happened to be my older brothers birthday, Don. Shoutout to my bro! Happy Birthday, hope it was a good one! Can't believe everyone did ALL those fireworks JUST for your birthday! :)
Anyways, our 4th was pretty good, we were invited over to the Harris' for a BBQ and to watch their fireworks! It was really great, they had ribs, burgers, dogs, brats, potato salad, all the good stuff! Then we had the fireworks show, and they have some COOL stuff out here! A lot of things in the air, and stuff that explodes! Michael made a bomb out of sparklers, you can probably look it up online. I got a video of it. It was sick! Oh... should I have mentioned that? Don't care, it was awesome :) What's the 4th without a little bit of explosives?
On Friday we had our District Meeting and then we went on exchanges! I stayed here in Concordia with Elder Holt, one of our Zone Leaders, while Elder Kempter went with Elder Moyle to Manhattan. It was great! Our appointments for Friday afternoon all fell through, so that was a bit of a bummer. But it's OK!
Then on Saturday we had a huge service project out in Mankato, with a non member named Mark. He just bought a huge house that needs a lot of work done, and so we got there and got to cutting down a bunch of trees that had grown around his cast iron fence. It was hard work, but it was real fun, I enjoyed it. Elder Holt is a farm boy from Idaho, so he enjoyed it as well. After that we got back, showered, changed, and headed back to Salina so we could exchange back! Headed home, and went right to an appointment with a new investigator, David. It was great, he met Brother and Sister Gile, and now he's got a solid fellowship in the church! Sad story is, David is in a retirement home. He's 48, and he's paralyzed from the waist down. He was an EMT, riding to the hospital in an ambulance, when a speeding car (who was being chased by the police) ran into the back of the ambulance where David was. Killing 3 and leaving David in his condition. He's a really great guy though, and he likes having us over!
On Sunday, we were able to get David a ride to church as well, so that was awesome! He really enjoyed it, and he's anxious to see us again. We'll be seeing him tonight.
So.
Here's the news.
I'm being transferred out of Concordia, to Garden City. That's a new area that we have picked up because of the mission split. The Kansas Wichita Mission has part of the Colorado Springs mission, and the Missouri Independence Mission. So... I'm going to an area that I would have never been able to go, barring this mission split. So I'm excited! But at the same time I'm really sad. I've grown to love the crap out of the members here and I wish I could stay just a little longer. But I know that the Lord is sending me there for a reason, and It's my job to find out why. Wish me luck!
I love you all, and I hope to hear from you soon!
Elder DeFreese
P.S. remember the mission office address? It's 7011 E 13th st. North
                                                                     Wichita, Kansas
                                                                           67206

No comments:

Post a Comment