Monday, June 3, 2013

Transfers...?

June 3, 2013

As I alluded to in the subject line, this past week was transfers! "Elder DeFreese, what area are you serving in now?" You might ask, I might reply, "Same place!"
Ok, yeah I'm in the same place, Concordia Kansas. Serving with Elder Kempter! Boo Ya! We're super excited for this coming transfer, lots of work to do, and lots of people to help! Oh, on a very very small not, barely worth mentioning. I got made District Leader, so... yeah. Anyways...
This past week has been pretty great! Fairly slow, as Elder Kempter recovers we are able to get out and work more and more, but it's a process and we don't want to rush it.
We have a new family that we are teaching, the Brants, they are super cool, and very willing and open to learn about the Gospel. Very inquisitive, and super happy too! I could see them progressing quickly!
Our Recent Convert, Michael, has been coming out with us and teaching other people about the gospel as well! THAT is SUPER exciting, while we're still teaching him and his family, he's already reaching out and helping others, the exact same way that we helped him! We're SO excited because of him, and he's really getting involved in the Branch, it's really awesome to see.
Oh, Something that I forgot to mention. With this most recent transfer being the deciding factor of which mission I'll be serving in, I am proud to say that I am now a part of the Kansas, Wichita mission! I had a fantastic 7 months or so serving in the Missouri, Independence Mission, and now it's time to make my mark in the Kansas, Wichita Mission!
This week in Fast and Testimony meeting I felt very strongly that I needed to get up there. So up I went. (After some hesitation, I'm still human after all) And the message that I shared was one that I think could benefit all of you back home. As well as everyone in this church. In Matthew chapter 5, verses 14-16. It talks about how we are the light of the world. "Let your light so shine before men, that they me see your good works and glorify your Father, which is in Heaven." Let your light shine, be the example that the Lord would have you be. That is my message to you. It does not matter what trials you face, as you do your very best to be that light to others, to the world, the Lord WILL bless you for it. I can promise each and every one of you that as you put your faith in the Lord, and try your best to be that light, the Lord will have no choice but to bless you for it. "I the Lord am bound when ye do what I say, but when ye do not what I say, ye have no promise" He will bless you. No matter what trial you face, or hurdle that is in your way, Jesus Christ WILL help us. As His servant I promise you these things, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
I love you all! Please remember me in your prayers, as I remember you in mine. Love,
Elder DeFreese

1. Burgers... Home made?!?!?
2. Oh yes, they're delicious :)
3. Just lookin' good is all...
4. I got a new tie!
5. We've been playing some card ball...
P.S. I got 2 other new ties, those photos to come next week!
 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment