Monday, June 17, 2013

Happy Fathers Day!

June 17, 2013

To my wonderful, awesome, Papa Bear, Terry DeFreese :) Happy Fathers Day!
Even though I never seemed to pay attention to your teaching opportunities, even though I may have rebelled a little more than I should have at times. Even though I thought your counsel was stupid before, I love and appreciate every single memory I have with you. Dad I couldn't imagine being anyone else's son, and I am proud to be yours. Even though I may have made some wrong choices, all of your guidance and help along the way has shaped me into the man I am today. And I will be eternally grateful for that.
Oh. And you're old :)
So, this week has been a kind of slow week, but it's ok! We're keeping busy in the work of the Lord, and it's going great!
I just wanted to quickly recount a story from last week that I neglected to mention. One of the families in our ward has a farm, and they bring fresh farm eggs to the branch every week, whoever needs eggs, gets them! Anyways, one of the kids was transporting those eggs to the building, and dropped about 10 cartons full of eggs. Breaking almost every single one of them. This was just after church and a lot of people were outside. A big group of the youth just stopped dead wherever they were, and went over to help the young man who dropped them. It was a really cool experience, showing how loving these kids can be, they had the perfect opportunity to just laugh and stare as the young man struggled. But they didn't, they showed that they are full of compassion and love, just like the Savior. Without hesitation they all went and helped. It was a very proud moment for me, Elder Kempter and I had been working with one of the young men, who is pretty much the Youth's leader. Every ward/branch has that one youth, who is the undisputed leader. This young boy has been Less Active and slowly becoming reactivated. He led this group to help clean and organize what was left. It was awesome.
Anyways, not much else to tell really, this past week we have had most/all of our appointments cancel... so that's been tough/frustrating. But it's ok! We're doing our best, and making the most of our time here. I'm loving the work, and I can't wait to get back out there!
Really quickly I just want to say to ALL who are reading this. No matter where you are in life, no matter what struggles you are facing... you can make it. You can do it. Do not give up, do not falter, put your faith and your trust in the Lord, seek help from your parents, church leaders, friends, they will help you. As a representative of Jesus Christ, as one of his chosen servants, I can promise you that you CAN make it through whatever you are facing. I do not care what it is, because Jesus Christ atoned for all of mankind, he suffered every pain and every affliction. He will help us, of this I testify, In the sacred name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Love,
Elder DeFreese
P.S. I'll hear from all of you soon right?

1. Elder Allen, Elder Moyle, and Myself. All of us are previous companions of Elder Hayes.
2. messing with my camera features :)
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment