Tuesday, April 16, 2013

You don't know things!

April 15, 2013
Hahahaha, so this one was a line that I used to say. Elder Jones (my cousin) said that he always thinks of me when he says that line. However, I can't for the life of me remember it! But it sure sounds like me so I'll own it!
Anyways, this week has been pretty great! I got a few letters that really brightened my day/week, and we had some MIRACLES!!!!!!!!!!
Ah, I love miracles, they inspire me to look for more! So, on Tuesday we met with a potential, named Diana. After meeting with her for about 5 seconds it became VERY clear that she has been preparing for this for a LONG time. She has been reading the Book of Mormon along with the Doctrine and Covenants, she KNOWS this church is true, KNOWS that Joseph Smith was called of God, and she wants to be Baptized!!!! AND she takes care of her grandsons, Henri and Jason, and Henri is 9 years old... He wants to be baptized too!!! How cool is that?!?!? The only hurdle that we have, is that she lives about a half an hour away from us by car. So the only thing we need is a member to drive us out there, but with Bro. Gile, our Branch Mission Leader, it's not a problem so far. She has been prepared by the hand of the Lord for years, and I am so excited to help her reach her goal, part of her goal is to get the temple work done for her deceased husband. Super cool, I'm so happy to be a part of this change in her life!
Then on Wednesday we had Zone Training, it went pretty well, we learned some things, and we had some fun together. I'm learning to love this zone just as much as my last one, even though the Salina Zone is VERY spread out, we don't see each other unless it's a meeting. But it's all good, I'm lovin' it! Anyways, after Zone Training we got the car to use for the next little while, and as such, we had to drive all the way back! So, we stopped off at Walgreens to see if there was anything they had, that we don't have in Concordia, that we need. After we parked, we witnessed an accident! The person backed into the other, and drove off, staring us down as she did it! So obviously, we wrote down the license plate number and everything, and went and told the manager in Walgreens. They were very appreicative, and so was the driver of the car that got hit. So that was interesting! But now those people see that the Mormons are honest, trustworthy people, so we did some good there.
So Elder Kempter and I have been tracting quite a bit, it's been a very long while trying to build up this area and get some solid potentials and such. But I find that it's safe to say that Elder Kempter and I have now tracted ALL OF KANSAS.......................................... Street. Hahahaha, but we have been doing a lot of tracting lately, and we are definitely seeing success! The Lord is truly blessing us in this area, and it's because we are getting out there and WORKING, day in and day out. We work until we literally can't anymore. Even though we have mainly tracting to fall back on at this point, we don't let that discourage us. We get it done, because that's what the Lord needs, he needs obedient, hard workers.
That's what I want to challenge everyone to do. This week... as you do the other challenges that I have asked, I want to add another one. Working hard, even when it's things that aren't appealing, or things that may seem insignificant... need to get done. And this can apply to your scripture reading, to your inviting others to church, and to bearing testimony. Work HARD for those opportunities to serve, I hope that all of you take me seriously when I say this. And if you don't know how or where you need to focus your efforts, PRAY, ask for guidance, the Lord will show you where you are needed when you let him know that YOU are ready for His influence. I know that as you do these things, the Lord will bless you, He will take you by the hand and help you do what he needs you to. I would emphasize though, you MUST work hard to do it! Really show the Lord that you are making a consistent, concentrated effort to become like His Son, Jesus Christ. He will give you strength.
I love you all, and I'll talk to you soon!
Elder DeFreese

1. Sound logic...
2. I made Bulls-eyes!
3. Conference!
4. Just playin' some Ball on P-Day
5. Oh you want some more? I am quite sleepy...
6. Hm...
7. Pondering...
8. Gotta love studies!
9. So this is what he does in his spare time?










No comments:

Post a Comment