Monday, May 6, 2013

Hola!

May 6, 2013
Hola! Como estas!? Bien!
That's all I got! Haha, but this week has been pretty great!
It was a fairly slow week to start, Elder Kempter injured his hip while we were out tracting, and so we came back to the apartment and called the medical staff and they said to keep off it for a couple days. So we weren't able to get out and work like we wanted to, but it's all good! We persevere!
This week... we have been visiting our Investigators who are on date a LOT more frequently than normal. When they are this close to Baptism, I have seen time and time again how hard the Devil works, so we are keeping him at bay, and helping them all to grow spiritually.
Our Investigators who are on date for this Sunday are Diane and Henri, they are SUPER cool, and Diane has been waiting for this opportunity for a LONG time! So they are very excited and working very hard to learn this gospel and prepare themselves for Baptism. I know that they're doing that, they're very good people. Love 'em!
We also have been working with Michael and his family quite a bit, he's doing really good, and you can literally see the glow that is in him, he's SO in tune with the spirit, and it's so awesome to look back and to see where he started, and where he's at now. I love him so much, and I'm so glad that they are calling me, "my missionary" It's super cool.
We have been working with a man named Gary as well, we met with him and his family on Saturday and Sunday, and on Saturday Gary asked us to give him a blessing because he was having trouble with the Word of Wisdom. He then asked me to give the blessing, and I happily accepted. When I started it, I can't remember really anything that I said. But I do know, that the spirit was SO strong in that room, that I started to feel a little dizzy, Gary did as well, and he testified right then and there that he felt the spirit. He's so ready for his Baptism, and he can't stop smiling!
I love the people that I work with, and I'm so excited to be here. I know for a fact that the Lord sent me here, for these people. I can feel it. I know that the Lord isn't finished with me either, I've got plenty more to do, and I'm about to get out and do it!
Don't forget about my challenges everyone, keep studying your scriptures, it's a COMMANDMENT. There is no question about it. Invite others to church, it shows your love for them, and your love for the Lord. He will bless you because of it, exercise your faith in him and do it! And bear testimony!! It strengthens your own, while you lift others even higher!
I love you all, and I hope to hear from you real soon!
Elder DeFreese

1. My Son :)
2. Say wha!??

 

No comments:

Post a Comment