Monday, May 20, 2013

Happy Birthday!

May 20, 2013
You people back home must be getting sick of my title having something to do with Birthdays!!! Haha, but this week was my sister Breanne's birthday, it was just yesterday and she turned 37! Go ahead, ask her! She will tell ya! Anyways, just wanted to give my sister a birthday shout out, I love her to death and I'm so proud of her and all she's doing. Can't wait to see my nephew one day soon!
So, missionary things. Y'all want to know about 'em. Well, I'll tell ya!
This week has been a fairly slow week actually, Elder Kempter had a few health issues and we had to stay home for 2-3 days, so we did the best that we could with what time we had. I'm glad for the rest I suppose, Elder Kempter really needed it, so I'm glad that I could help him out. He's a great missionary, and I'm happy to be his trainer.
Anyways, this week we had a Baptism! Michael Harris, definitely a tender moment for me. Michael asked me to baptize him, and I was more than happy to oblige. It was just.... awesome. It's one thing watching the baptism, and it's a whole other experience being in the water. It's so cool, the spirit was SUPER strong in there. The water was a bit too low, just barely above my knees, so I had to really shove him down there, but we got it done on the first try, so I was happy about that. Michael was really excited, nervous, and super happy! While we were changing he just kept laughing and talking to me about how happy he was, and it was just so amazing to me, because we have seen Michael make so many changes in his life, from start to finish. And it's just the coolest thing ever, I wouldn't trade that experience for anything in the whole world!
Another cool thing happened, we have been working with a couple, Logan and Lori, and Logan came to the Baptism! He felt the spirit so strongly, and when we came to their house to teach them afterwards, he just plain KNEW that it was true. He had felt the spirit so strongly, when before he was kind of wishy washy on the whole idea of getting baptized. Now he knows that this is what he needs to do, and we asked him what's holding him back and the ONLY thing holding him back, is they haven't gotten married yet. So we're working with them on that, helping them as much as a missionary can in that aspect, but really it's just a matter of whenever he makes that move! And he will be baptized, and Lori expressed the same feelings, they KNOW it's true. I love it!
Oh, just thought you all might want to know that I'm getting to be a better cook, just last night for dinner I baked some chicken strips with salt and pepper, and, get this, Doritos spicy nacho flavor crushed on top and bottom of the chicken, and then with about 4 minutes left, I put white American cheese on top. It was DELICIOUS!!!!!!! Elder Kempter and I have been making some really good combinations, he's a MUCH better cook than I am, I usually leave it up to him.
Anyways, that about does it for the week!
I love you all, and I want each and every one of you to know that I know that this church is true. I know that Joseph Smith restored this church through the gift and power of God, and it will NEVER be taken from the Earth again.
Remember my challenges to all of you, read your scriptures, truly feast on the words of Christ, Invite someone you know to church, and Bear testimony! You can do it! "Look unto me in every thought, doubt not, FEAR not" Don't be afraid, the Lord will help you do these things.
Love,
Elder DeFreese

1. Michael at the Baptism
2. Another DELICIOUS meal!
3. Good eatin'!
4. Our wonderful District
5. Elder Kempter with a BIG pancake!
 
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment