Monday, December 8, 2014

He is the Gift

December 8, 2014
Hey everyone! This week is going to be a little short. Because this week was full of meetings!

On Thursday we had a meeting with President Bell and the Assistants, called District Leader Accountabilities. It was cool to be able to see them again, I had been seeing them fairly frequently in my last area. But it was a good meeting, and I learned a lot. After the meeting, President took us all out to eat at a place called Hu Hot, it's a super good all you can eat chinese place. The kind where you get the meat and veggies and everything you want, put it in a bowl, give it to the cook and they cook it right in front of you! It was great.

On Saturday we had our Zone Training up in Lawrence Kansas, and had a blast! The trainings that were given were inspired of God, and I believe that there were many things said that I definitely needed to hear. It was good to see everyone in the whole zone, I've served around a lot of them, and some of them were in my Zone while I was their Zone Leader! So that was fun.

Also, just really quickly... the He is the Gift initiative put on by the church is AWESOME! Please do everything you can to share it on Facebook, or Twitter, or whatever the heck you want to! We need to help the world remember what Christmas is all about. Please do your part, it'll change lives. I promise.

This past week I think the biggest thing that I've learned is just how weak and unprofitable I am. Even with my vast amount of experience when compared to other missionaries, even with the fact that I've been studying my face off... I still know nothing. And I'm still not a "great" missionary. What I'm trying to do here is not to give myself some sort of a public pity party or anything. Just hear me out.

When I recognize just how weak and simple and inefficient I am, when I am shown my weaknesses. I am able to humble myself in mighty prayer and supplication before the Lord, and when I actually take the opportunity to do that, I find much more success. Because it's not me that is doing anything really, It's me allowing the Lord to use me for His purposes.

For those of you who still care enough to read this (some of you may be a little tired of hearing from me for over 2 years now)... I want you to please consider what I have learned. And apply it in your own lives. Please recognize that you can't do anything without the Lord. Then, in mighty prayer, promise Him that you will act. Promise Him that you will do something about the situation that you're in. And then, when you have laid your plan before Him, hand it over. Let Him help you. Place your burdens at His feet and say, this is what I want to be able to accomplish, this is what I want to do to accomplish it. I cannot do it without your help, so please assist me how You see fit.

 

I know the Lord lives, I know that he watches out for us at all times. When we rely on Him, and keep His commandments, our lives are full to the brim. That's how it works.

OK, I think I've rambled enough. I love you all, please remember that.

Elder DeFreese

So, please forgive me. I didn't take any pictures this past week, so I'll give you a couple old ones that I don't think I sent. If I already have........ sorry!

1. Elder Nye and I, this was right before he went home :( Sad day.

2. Elder Stanford, a District Leader in my last Zone. Great missionary!

3. The STL's and I at the temple. (Sister Hartung on the left, and Sister Wheadon on the right).

 


No comments:

Post a Comment