Monday, November 17, 2014

General Authority!

November 17, 2014
Hi everyone!

Really quickly, this week has been crazy! I'll only have time to update you on 2 things, and then I gotta run!

So the first thing is that this week we had a General Authority visit our mission. Elder Schwitzer from the 2nd quorum of 70. We had a special MLC (Mission Leadership Council) with him and his wife, and we learned a lot! Then we had a special Zone Conference in Emporia Kansas with him for a couple hours. Following that, each Zone Leader and Sister Training Leader had a personal interview with him. Mine was pretty quick, but I'll give you a bit of a sneak peak. We talked about my family back home, and he asked about siblings and such, and then figured out how many were married, and how many had kids and such. And he said, "Well Elder, Go and do thou likewise!" And he was totally serious! This guy committed me to go home and get married and have kids. I don't want to think about that stuff! That's ridiculous! I've still got a looooooooooong time to go!

Anyways, that's that update.

The next one is that tomorrow we get to attend the Temple in Oklahoma City! It's going to be a blast! The only downside (if it's even a downside) is that because we're going to the temple, that takes up our P-Day. So today we get all of the essentials done like e-mailing and stuff, and then we immediately get out to work! Lots of missionaries are already complaining about that, I'm just excited to go to the Temple! It's going to be the best! We also get to have a 1 hour Q&A session with the Temple President. So that's going to be awesome!

Anyways, that's about all I got for today. Love you all! Talk to you soon!

Elder DeFreese

P.S. Have you invited anyone to church in a while? If not, I would invite you to either repent and invite someone, or maybe you haven't been in a while, and you need to repent and go to church! Don't think I'm being hard on you, because if you think about it, you already promised God that you would. K? K. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment