Monday, October 6, 2014

CONFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!

October 6, 2014
 



So, like most every single week for the past 4 or 5 months or however long it's been.. I don't have time for anything! But I wanted to write a quick note at least, letting you know how much I loved this conference.

This being my last General Conference, I wanted to reeeeaaaaaallly seek some personal revelation, and find out just how I could be better. What do I need to focus on??!

To answer that, at least in part, I have to tell you that this most recent Friday, I gave a training to the whole Zone, about Christlike Attributes. I took it a little bit deeper than, "Let's talk about charity today..." Or something like that. I talked about how when Christ called his Apostles, in Mark 1:17 we read "And Jesus said unto them, Come ye after me, and I will make you to become fishers of men." and what I focused on was how He called them (and now us) to become! So we talked a lot about the what - becoming like Christ. And the why - Because Christ was the perfect example in everything, and our end goal is to be with Him and God the Father in the afterlife. In short, the training I think went alright, but we weren't able to really cover the how fully. I definitely felt the spirit as I spoke though, I think it was more to prepare the missionaries for conference.

This conference, every single talk, to me, showed me exactly how I can become like Christ. I don't want to give you all the details because a lot of it was my own personal revelation, and you need to seek your own, like we learned. But I will say this, becoming like Christ is the single greatest thing that we can strive for in this life. And if we are not constantly seeking to improve and realize that goal, then we are falling short. We need to always seek for His guidance, and His direction. He can help us! This isn't some unimaginable task, this isn't impossible. He has already done it! So we can too.

Love you all, talk to you soon!

Elder DeFreese

No comments:

Post a Comment