Monday, December 22, 2014

So...

December 22, 2014
SORRY!

Super quick e-mail. We have a TON of stuff to do to get ready fro Christmas and everything. But I'll give you one solid highlight!

So, on.... Friday at about 7ish, we were out knocking some doors. We were just about to go to a different area because we weren't having any luck in this particular trailer park. Then I looked down and saw a penny, heads UP! So, jokingly, I was like, "Dude, we have to stay here, there's good luck to be had!" So we decided to knock a few more, on the last one... it happened.

The door opened to a whirlwind of 3 young girls playing games and stuff, the mom on the couch clearly exhausted, and the dad running around trying to get dinner made. Well, the mom (Ashley) invited us in, and we started talking about the church! It went great, turns out they've been looking for a church, and they know that God loves them and wants something more for them, but they weren't sure what.

Enter. Missionaries.

Quick side note, I had previously opened up my Christmas package for want of food, and found it. I also found 2 copies of the Book of Mormon that my parents had written their testimonies inside, and a note that said, "Hand these out before you come home" Challenge accepted. (OK. Back to the story) So I reached into my backpack for a normal one, and then the Spirit told me, "No way, get the one with your Mom's testimony inside" So I did. After a brief explanation of everything, I handed them the Book. The Spirit was so strong, they know that they need to read it, and the testimony inside it created a deeper desire to know if it was true.

SO. In summation. The Book of Mormon carries power with it. The testimonies of further witnesses only adds to the Spirit, and allows even further light and knowledge to be had. Christmas packages should be opened early, just in case. I love my family with all my heart.

Doritos are the bomb. Love you all! Talk to you later!

Elder DeFreese

P.S. I hope this past Christmas Sunday was a good one for ya, it was awesome for me. If you didn't invite someone to Church this past Sunday, REPENT! (Which means change, i'm not trying to be mean) and invite someone for this Sunday! It'll be great! Love ya!


1. Elder Kempter, Elder Walton, and me :)

2. Reindeer poop, courtesy of Elder Kempters parents :) I love them!


No comments:

Post a Comment